Final payment of 60%/tax of 20%

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

Postby VAF » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi Colin,

Did you enjoy your trip to Alcudia Smir
CAN you provide détails on Works progress on ap2,ap4,ap5 & ap7.
Has thé hôtel been sold ?

Regards
VAF

Postby Colin » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:39 pm

Hi Vaf,

Just back this evening, rained for the first few days, however the sun is now out.
I didn’t ask about the hotel, however as there has not been a single bit of work done on it since my last visit I would assume it has not yet been sold!

AP1, the pool is being redone (again), I imagine it is unlikely that this will ever be perfect, but hopefully when it is done it will look good and be fully functional.

AP2, there are people working on this, but it is not much further forward since November.

AP4, there is some progress on this, however there are some blocks (I forget the numbers) which are only at foundation stage and will not be progressed for several months (again, forget the exact month I was told work would start on them).

AP7, much the same as 4, however it is currently being actively worked on.

AP5, I am told will be completely finished in a month. I think this is perhaps a bit optimistic, however they have a lot of people working on this, and they are continuing work into the evenings, I must have counted 20 people working on the swimming pool alone at one point. They have a lot of work to do specifically landscaping and the road etc... (and at least one block is more or less just a shell).

V1, this is more or less finished with just some bits and bobs to do.

V2, again like AP5 there is a lot of activity on the ground here, and to be honest some of the results look excellent, I have been told that most of these units are actually sold, which if true would be a very good thing for the development as a whole.

I honestly think things are starting to come together, there is still years worth of work to go, and yes I still have issues with my own apartments. I also really wish that they would clear up the huge quantities of rubbish that is lying around, I know it’s a building site, but not everywhere!

All of my photos can be found here;
http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums/h36 ... crookston/
Colin
Site Admin

Postby VAF » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:31 am

Hi Colin,

Thanks sharing your experience.
From the photos it seems that the build quality on AP4,AP5,AP2,V2 is better than in AP1. (They did'nt repeat the mistake)
Am I correct ?

Regards
VAF

Postby Colin » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:47 pm

I would hate to comment, but probably true.
Colin
Site Admin

pictures

Postby jenny » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:00 pm

Thanks for all the pictures Colin. Fantastic!
jenny

Postby riaz » Mon May 02, 2011 9:54 pm

VAF,

The errection of all the APs were by the same builders. They probably spent more time on AP1 and rushed the others to show that they had made progress. You will find all the same problems such as no damp course, bricks in the drainage.....,

AP1 bathrooms are CRAP!! Moroccan standards!
riaz

Postby Al Aqariya » Mon May 02, 2011 10:29 pm

Nice pictures colin! great!

humidity has always been a problem in these area especially for seasonal used homes the only remedy is to have it ventilated.
(even if you build your own home with best materials and supervicing the building progress yourself.)
Al Aqariya

Postby riaz » Tue May 03, 2011 7:37 am

I am not speaking of the black mould you can get because of humidity. I mean wet risong from the ground. This is happen in ground floor apartments and on top floor the ceiling is wet as water is still getting through. They tried to fix this by putting water proof material and more tiles on the roofs but did this not work. This are continuous problems. Other problems we are facing are plumbing leaks and bad plumbing.
Last year we refused to form syndic cos the developer should fix all apartments. Still they have not done this. Again the rain showed their bad work and lies.
Please go to the development and see with your own eyes.

They have put effort into the villas and put waterproof cement all over them and repainted. They look good from outside. Now they have to do the same for AP1.
riaz

BANK AND NOTARY

Postby jenny » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:03 am

Can anyone recommend a bank/branch in Tangiers? The original info from Fadesa says that they will open an account for me when the private contract is signed which sounds a bit strange. I have to pay 60% shortly for a Vi villa. Also, can anyone recommend a notary? Many thanks
jenny

Postby Colin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:54 pm

Back in 2006, Fadessa opened an account at SGM in Tetouan, on Rue de Ceuta (I think), it's a bit out of town (on the way in, so not to bad), the service is good, I have a card, internet banking, cheque book etc...

I would however suggest maybe going into the branch in Fnediq, again, just on the way into town.

Personally I used the notary provided, no problems. I have however visited a different notary in tetouan (I believe they are used by most other developers), I don't have the details for them here, I'll see if I can dig them out.
Colin
Site Admin

bank account

Postby jenny » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:16 pm

I opened an account and the BMCE, 21 Boulevard Pasteur, and they seemed pretty efficient. This street was recommended to me as it is full of banks. The Private clients chap gave me his mobile too. They ask for your parents full name and passport numbers which held things up a little.
jenny

Previous

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir