Car insurance

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

Car insurance

Postby sabrina » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:20 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get car insurance for Morocco?
sabrina

Postby az » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:58 pm

Hi Sabrina
British drivers require a green card when travelling to Morocco. A green card is considered to be proof of your insurance when overseas. You need to check with your current insurance company. They will provide you with one. I believe it is free of charge.
Az
az

Postby sabrina » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:12 pm

My insurance company do not provide it. How easy is it to get it at the border?
sabrina

Postby sabrina » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:12 pm

My insurance company do not provide it. How easy is it to get it at the border?
sabrina

Postby az » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:09 pm

You can not get it from the border. There are no insuance companies there. I see lots of cars in Morocco from the UK. They all get their insurance from the UK. You just have to inform your insurance company that you will be driving to Morocco. Otherewise, once you get to Alcudia, make a trip to Midieq or Fnideq and get one month insurance from a local moroccan insurance company. It will cost about 600DH
Good Luck
az

Postby sabrina » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:40 pm

I have not been able to get cover for Morocco. Does anyone know if I can get it in Spain?
sabrina

car insurance

Postby jenny » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:22 am

Hi Sabrina, you were asking if you could pick up car insurance in Spain to cover you in Morocco. I live in Madrid and have contacted my insurance company and they say if your car has UK plates you will have to get the insurance/green card in the UK. I'd try your insurance company again, you maybe just spoke to someone not very experienced, or consider changing to another UK insurance company.
jenny

Postby sabrina » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:05 pm

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for looking into this for me. I have tried several companies, the one we found that did do it wanted us to change policies which could not be done in this short time and also is quite alot more than our current policy.
The Moroccan tourism in Regent Street said that we could get it in Tangier. We will probably have to do this or go to Ceuta and get it the next day in Fndiq if they let us through!
sabrina

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir