WATER DAMAGE TO FLATS

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

WATER DAMAGE TO FLATS

Postby Rideon » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:34 pm

The recent rain, though heavy has shown that the 'repairs' made all over AP1 from last years water damage was not good enough.

The stairs are better drained, and everyday a small gang of people armed with squeegie's and mops push the water away from front doors and out into the paths.

Most concerning is the fact that every balcony appears to be leaking water into the flat below. I have seen three flats damaged by water, all of them from the area from the upper balcony / terrace. The water is dripping through saturated ceilings and onto the floors, it is only a matter of time before this causes extensive damage..AGAIN. I have seen an occupant complaining to staff and the response he got was a shrug of the shoulders.

The swimming pool last year caved in becuase it is made from a plastic liner, instead of spending money on tiles and reinforcing the sides the developer fixed it up on the cheap. Now again the early rains have caused the lining to cave in again, the swimming pool is a mess! This developer does not want to learn from mistakes, it wants to get money on the cheap.
This is a shame because AP1 has so much potential to turn the development around and make it a success. But anyone seeing AP1 will want to run a mile as this is the example of things to come with the rest of the development. If money was spent on getting this done properly (like concreting and tiling the swimming pool) then AP1 would become the showpeice for investors.

My advice...do not sign or complete your purchase until you are sure that the completed flats (AP1) are water tight...and they are definately NOT.
Do not give in to thier threats that your flat will be sold onto someone else... who? Who would want to buy a flat that has water damage every winter and replace thier furniture every year? If everyone refuses to complete until proper damp lining is used and the flats are fixed then we will know that they will fix the rest of the blocks and villas.

The landscaping is looking good (and well watered) and when the rain stops and the sun shines, you can see how nice the area could look.
Ying, Yang.
Rideon

Postby VAF » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:27 pm

Hi Rideon,

Bad news.
To have an idea , can you post some pictures.

Thanks sharing experience , even bad
VAF

Postby kenz » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:09 pm

i have an apartment in AP1, have someone check on it every week, he confirms that there is water damage again this year, my apartment has a few leaks, mainly coming from solarium roof (which they completly re-done in the spring following last winters rain), evidently majority of apartments are water tight, but quite a few are leaking. Appears from different places so sounds like poor craftsmanship rather than a generic design problem.
He says developer is keen to sort problem & acknowledge that they need to replaster/re-tile any damaged aread, but they need it to stop raining & dry out first.
kenz

Postby VAF » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:30 am

Hi Kenz,

What about the damages to the pool ?
I cant imagine that the pool will be repaired every year
VAF

Postby kenz » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:26 am

dont know about pool, been more concerned with my new kitchen waterfall feature.
Although would disagree, think they would ensure that the pool is in good condition for every summer from april/may, Spent quite a bit of timeover there this summer, there was busy period in peak season but also at weekends place filled up with Moroccans/Ceuta folk who obviously have apartments as weekend getaway, am pretty sure they would not accept an pool that was not useable.
kenz

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir