Morocco FLOODS!!!!

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

floods?????????

Postby macca » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:18 pm

are you looking at the same morroco that we are ???????????
macca

Postby Colin » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:56 pm

I was in Morocco last week, left on Saturday morning and the rain was very bad, roads with landslides over them and so on, if that has continued any further then I can imagine the results.

On a positive note, I will make a full post about my recent visit shortly.
Colin
Site Admin

regular floods

Postby Richard P » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:34 pm

What Morocco are you looking at?

Take the rose tinted specs off. Many killed again in the North. It will take months to clean up the area. The weather all over the world is changing. Look at the amount of snow in the UK, that is not usual for November.
Morocco has had heavy rains for the last 4 years now, usually around Febuary/March though. Don't be suprised if it gets worse next year.

It is not just Morocco that is having floods and heavy rain, other countries in different continants are also experiencing the same.
Richard P

rose tinted glasses ha ha ha

Postby macca » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:14 pm

bin over to alcdia smir a few time in the last two year and dont listen to what people who cant be botherd going out there say at the moment 57 degs yes raining but no land slides at alcudia ???????????????? what people need is to get a spine and get over there and check the place out insted of waiting for other people doing it for them our apartment is up and running with people waiting to go .
macca

Re: rose tinted glasses ha ha ha

Postby Colin » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:08 pm

macca wrote:bin over to alcdia smir a few time in the last two year and dont listen to what people who cant be botherd going out there say at the moment 57 degs yes raining but no land slides at alcudia ???????????????? what people need is to get a spine and get over there and check the place out insted of waiting for other people doing it for them our apartment is up and running with people waiting to go .

:roll:

I've been many times. All I said was it was heavy rain last weekend (even at Alcudia Smir), There was much disrupion to roads, including entire roads being covered by rocks and other debris, this was on the road to the Tangier Med port.

Many thanks for misrepresenting what I said, much appreciated.

Colin.
Colin
Site Admin

Postby VAF » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:47 am

Colin,

We'll appreciate if you post the debriefing about your recent visit .

Regards,

VAF
VAF

Flooding

Postby Rideon » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:47 pm

I have been to the site, the rain was torrential at times and I was stranded for a day as the roads could not be passed.
It is obvious that drainage is something that is lacking not just on the site of Alcudia but all over Morocco. It is easier for the authorities to pay people to fix the same damage each year than to build the proper infrastructure in the first place.
I have not been to Morocco during winter, so please fogive my lack of experience regarding this topic, but for me...I will lock up and leave the site until Spring.

In the meantime .. the flats are STILL getting damaged and the swimming pool lining has come away AGAIN. :cry:
See additional new topic.
RIDEON.
Ying, Yang.
Rideon

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir