Cancellation and refund

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

Cancellation and refund

Postby john.loughnan@getronics.c » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi,
I have an apartment in AP5. I have requested to cancel this apartment. I have received the cancellation document and been told that there is someone ready to purchase my apartment.

Is there anyone that can verify that they have cancelled their apartment and HAVE received back money?

Is there anyone that has cancelled and been told there was a buyer for their apartment and did not receive back any money?

What is the best course of action?

Regards John
john.loughnan@getronics.c

cancellation and Refund

Postby hotproperty » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:45 pm

Hi there

I am new to this forum as a 'poster' but have been following it for several years.

I requested cancellation (less 25%) and this was agreed. They sent me documents to sign and I received their copy duly signed also, BUT no money. I chased and chased, with continual promises on their part, but no action. I therefore started lagal proceedings against them in March 2010 via a solicitor,International property law centre. This is ongoing and I will try to update progress occasionally.

If anyone has any questions on the process I have been through or any advice, Just let me know.

Thanks
hotproperty

Postby Curly » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:08 pm

Hi - I am looking to cancel my apartment but other than writing to the various incarnations of the developer and asking my Solicitor to do the same i haven't made any progress so I'd be grateful for any guidance or advice, thanks - Curly
Rgds, Curly
Curly

Postby redcat25 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:02 pm

I too want a refund but am hesitant about getting a solicitor due to the potential costs involved. Maybe if some of us Uk/irish buyers clubbed together the costs would be less?
redcat25

Postby The_Pieman » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:57 pm

mmestassi@gfmmaroc.com; msamir@gfmmaroc.com>; nfassi@gfmmaroc.com
Above are a few email addresses. We only lost around £1500 of the initial £22.5k we invested due to the better £ >€ exchange rate at the moment
Get your cancellation papers ASAP and they will probably want you to get them notorized by a solicitor (should cost around £60) and may be they will want an initial letter detailing why you want to cancel this to be notarised as well, post them international delivery and scan the signed documents and email them as well requesting confirmation of receipt and the exact date that an international money transfer is going to be made (they took around 6 months to finally pay up as you have probably read on my thread – the transfer itself took around 8 working days)
I would suggest emailing Mariam Samir in a strong and stern manner giving her a few days to respond and then when the deadline is not met (as it won't be) send a further email requesting an update and when this is ignored, send a quite aggressive email (start using bold and large red text) advising you will not rest until it is paid and that you will use every method available from legal to debt collectors to reporting the to the Office of Tourism(the new Minister of Tourism is Mr Yassir Znagui )....Ii have sent literally 3 -400 emails to get my money back, sometimes you just have to send them a few emails per day just saying UPDATE REQUIRED?
When I was advised that the payment was due I got them to give me the bank deils and I even spoke to their bank on telephone number(+212) 5 39 71 30 31 ask for Mrs Safae (she doesn’t speak good English so it is worth getting a French speaker (I was lucky that my sister is fluent)...oh and always provide them with all the required bank details for making the transfer and sometimes I sent my emails in English and in French (use Google translator etc).
Let me know what excuses they give you and I will try to assist.
The_Pieman

Postby mcneilee » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:11 pm

it took me nearly a month to get a download doc to print out to get notarized.
so far i have not had it done.

after the sale by Promising good object of present at a third person,
at most late in the twelve (24) months as from present.
Last edited by mcneilee on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
luv the edit button
mcneilee

Postby Snippy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:34 pm

can i ask why so many are pulling the plug on their investment? AP1 still looks good to me.
Snippy

Postby mcneilee » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:05 pm

here is the number i was able to contact them with 212 (0) 522679995 Casablanca office
luv the edit button
mcneilee

Postby ScottieDog » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:51 am

I have signed all the necessary paperwork to cancel my contract and received the final cancellation documents back. This was in May. Haven't received any money yet. There is something in the cancellation contract that says they don't have to pay for 12 months unless they resell the apartment...
ScottieDog

Postby mcneilee » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:15 am

It might be quicker to finish the buying process than canceling the contract.This is the problem in my decision they can hold your deposit for a long time.As in the cancellation papers .
luv the edit button
mcneilee

Postby ScottieDog » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:55 am

But I don't want to fork out any more money. I'll bide my time.
ScottieDog

Postby mcneilee » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:05 pm

I'm just going to cancel just don't want my money tied up over there with economy so uncertain.Basically been told it will be a year to get my money being on ap-7

forgot to say all of those going ahead with it i wish you all the best :)
luv the edit button
mcneilee

refund

Postby smile » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:19 am

Hi

Did anybody receive a refund or some compensation for their cancellation.

Have sent the signed documents twice but never received an answer or confirmation or any money

Tks for your help
smile

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir