AP1 visit

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

ap1

Postby 1frenchy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:26 am

Alkudia smir the beautiful lady of yesteryear has aged 10 years not like scotch or bourbon
its facade has taken a long ride and need serious livting
1frenchy

Postby Al Aqariya » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:04 pm

@ Riaz, don't worry the level of flooding you saw on youtube is not the case at alcudia smir. But the drainage of the development really is a problem look at the pictures Frenchy posted in other posts.

I don't understand that there are no wells/cavity around the buildings and in the garden/pool area to absorb water or are there any?

@ Frenchy maybe you can answer this if you noticed any wells during your visit?

I have visited the site end of february i did not notice if there are wells/cavity for proper drainage around the pool/garden area.

The employees at the office on site told me the water damage in AP-1 is going to be rapaired when the rainfalls end, i think towards spring this will be.

I must say that the rainfall is extreme and extended this period 2009/2010. In 2007 & 2008 there was also flooding in this area but it was only for a short period. (see aslo on youtube).

I will post the pictures i made during my visit at the end of february for anyone interested in the progress of the site and in particular of AP4 -5 & 7.
YB
Al Aqariya

Pool

Postby Al Aqariya » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:14 pm

Hi Frenchy do you know if the pool is tiled (tuiles) ? or is it just a plastic cover in the ground? this looks cheap.
YB
Al Aqariya

Postby VAF » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:07 pm

Hi Al Aqariya,

To have an idea of work progess can you post the pictures you made during your visit at the end of february.

Regards
VAF

ap1

Postby 1frenchy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:21 pm

No ceramic tiles in the pool that you see is the plastic.

Yes the wells/cavity for proper drainage around the pool/garden area exist
1frenchy

Alcudia visit

Postby macca » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:12 pm

Returned today from Alcudia Smir.Storms all weekend.Visited our apartment on Saturday on AP1 but could bearly take photos due to the rain-never seen rain like it and we live in Manchester!The water was literally flowing like a river through the whole of the complex-didnt notice any wells or drainage system however the complex is elevated therefore all the rain was flowing naturally away downhill.The main building that houses the offices and show apartments had water cascading in from the roof.Our apartment was currently being worked on.Holes had been drilled in the ceilings to allow the rain through to prevent collapsing,water damage to the walls,tiles were being removed,there was swelling to some of the doors in the bedroom however the kitchen cabinets and the bathroon was ok.The pool IS lined with plastic which has sustained extensive damage.It was too dangerous under foot to hang about-the water was deep enough at one point to saturate our trousers to the knees.We can say that the builders are working hard to rectify these problems and in spite of not completing on the day we will be returning in May to review the situation and if all well will continue.If anyone can advise us how to get the photos on the forum for all to see please do as bit of a novice with technology.Fadesa are offering furniture packages if you sign there and then however they are cheap ones and certainly not worth completing for.
macca

Postby sabrina » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:38 pm

Hi Macca,

thanks for the update.
Last year VAF uploaded my photos.
Perhaps he or someone else could do it for you?

Sabrina
sabrina

Postby riaz » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:56 pm

Do you think your apartment will be completed by May?
Perhaps Fadesa will replace the plastic in the pool with tiles so that this problem will not recur. I think there may be many more years will heavy rains. I hope they will do something about the drainage asap.

Macca, were the furniture packages like ikea furniture or moroccan style. I am about to complete so I would like to have an idea. I really wasn't going to spand too much in this department especially as my apartment is ground floor!

Riaz
riaz

Postby VAF » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:33 pm

Hi macca,

To upload pictures just add the files as attachment in the post.
You can upload up to 3 files per post.
If you have more than 3 pictures , just split it in serveral postal

Hope this helps
VAF

Postby Al Aqariya » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:22 pm

Hi macca i had to make the pictures smaller in size to be able to upload them.
YB
Al Aqariya

ap1

Postby 1frenchy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:17 am

Hello

Al Aqarya
1frenchy

Postby macca » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:13 am

Hi all,
just to answer a few of the questions posted in reply to our visit last week.It's hard to guess whether or not the apartment will be ready in May,those of you who have been to Morocco may agree that the extent of damage to the buildings seems far too extensive to be rectified in what I believe to be too short a time,although I am not a builder and have no technical knowledge in relation to drying out etc.
They did not give details of the furniture package that they were offering only that they were offering one,the gentleman who was looking after us on our visit did say that it was a cheap no frills type,however if you are renting only this may be ideal. We will be returning in May and hope that this time it will be less chaotic,the weather unfortunately became the main focus of the trip this time which limited most of our enquiries (we spent a lot of time drying out )! Macca
macca

Postby riaz » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:41 pm

Hi Frenchy,

just seen your pictures.

I can see the man putting the tar/ asphalt on a small area. This does not mean the roof is waterproof all over. The same problem will occur if they have heavy rain next year. What has happened to the pool this year will happen again. fadesa don't seem to be fixing any of the problems.
riaz

ap1

Postby 1frenchy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:10 pm

Good news

Fadesa has decided to strengthen the sealing putting another layer of asphalt on the old tile and another tile to rest on top. and we will have double sealing.

for ap2 They are trained to put the stone on the facades.

1frenchy
1frenchy

Postby VAF » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:41 pm

Hi Frenchy,

Good news.
Do you know , if this is also applicable to all plots (AP2,AP5,AP7,..) ?
Can you post some AP2 pictures.

Regards
VAF

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir