AP1 visit

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

ap1

Postby 1frenchy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:04 pm

In my humble opinion they receive bad feedback from spanish owners.
Fadesa has understood and does not want get same probleme for other
As ap2et just behind me they do good work over.
They hire to much compagnies.
1frenchy

Postby Richard P » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:21 pm

It's too late for AP1.
I have just been out there, I'm a builder, it's a mess.

For those of you who are in AP 1 you need to make sure they are doing more to rectify the problems.

From what I could tell, they are not making it better, wait and see there will be more problems.
Richard P

Postby mcneilee » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:02 am

I was speaking to my mum on how things in spain are done and she told me that.They seal asphalt & concrete then the tiles so this is a well known practice.So they have tryed to do a fast one in cutting corners.The heavy rain cought them out were else have they cut corners. all that i say is do not trust them.
luv the edit button
mcneilee

Postby macca » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:58 am

Hi John, read your post.Glad to hear from a builder. We visited our apartment on AP 1 and even from the untrained eye we could see the extensive damage. You recommend that we must ensure that more is being done to rectify the problems We are visiting again in May,could you advise what we need to be ensuring has taken place from a builder's view in terms of repair as I suspect that a lot of the repairs will be "glossed over". We would be grateful for any advise you would offer.

Many thanks Macca
macca

ap1

Postby 1frenchy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:06 pm

Having regard eloignement it is very difficult to monitor the work
what do you think to hire a coordinating office on site which will l intermediare to control the work and get satisfaction and even get the ISO Certification
ISO Certification is based on the management audit of the company infield of quality by an independent third party and award acertificate of conformity of quality management system with standardISO 9001)
1frenchy

ap1

Postby 1frenchy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:21 am

I have just spent 3 great days to alkudiasmir to end the works
all workers were spot and paid by fadesa,.

Now my appartement is brand new. i could see better than befor.

I advise to all owners to go their and spent 3 days to supervise the work.

the AP 2 and the others they will have some good work, fadesa does not want to have same problemes.
1frenchy

Postby sabrina » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi Frenchi,

thanks for the report. It really does help.

Do you know anything about who will be managing the site?

I have been reading about the management of Mirador Golf and Colina Smir and it has raised some concerns.

Have they repaired the swimming pool on AP1?

I have sent you a PM.

Sabrina
sabrina

Postby mcneilee » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:46 pm

Forgot to ask did you get the balcony area sealed as well.As you will have standing water their too.
luv the edit button
mcneilee

Postby kenz » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:24 am

Hi all,

I have just come back from AP1, im in block 2 which was pretty much wrecked, my apartment has water damage & compared to last summer looks miles away from being finished.
But was pleased to see that they were digging down in corridors rather just replacing tiles to ensure step up to apartment plus was lucky to see when i arrived the waterproofing on solarium which went up sides 20mm as well (from what i believe that was not case before & water got in there also). Took an independant fella that is involved in buidling work elsewhere in region (cant say how qualified), his assesment was that we were lucky we had not moved in last year (sorry 1frenchy) and that the measures they were taking should work & that water damage experienced would not cause lasting damage. Really got impression that they have made it a lot worse to hopefully fix problem rather than just papering over cracks (hope impression is correct). Speaking to others out there this problem was not just limited to Alcudia Smir which i didnt realise, many other developments out there have also experienced problems with water damage this winter (not sure if this is a good or bad thing).
There was obvious problems also on the ground floor, they have dug around that (i couldnt tell & fella with me could not see how much on an issue/problem this is.
Was there for 4 days & every day (except sun) there were a dozen people working on block 2, real visible progress made in those days.
Swimming pool/communal areas looked good, & Ap-1 looked generally good, other Ap's still look like building sites & apart-hotel looks tired & poor. Mariam says takeover of hotel/shops are in talks (sure we have all heard this mant times before).
One issue i wasnt aware of is that all apartments in the region need airing throughout year due to humidity, otherwise walls turn black, if your renting out your apartment rental agency will do this for you otherwise you will need to make arrangements for someone to do this. I have someone i trust but they seem pricey so will continue to look/ask.
kenz

Postby VAF » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Hi Kenz,

Thanks for the feedback.
Do you have info about AP2 ?
From what you have seen , seems the scheduled delivery date (this summer)
realistic ?
Do you have some pictures ?

Regards
VAF

Postby kenz » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:09 am

Hi Vaf,

feel quite selfish as didnt ask about other AP's, had planned to & spoke to Mariam about my stuff on first day, did go back to ask further questions but she wasnt there other days, dont like other people there as they always start talking about getting final payment from me. also dont have pics, forgot camera, i do appreciare im rubbish.

dont want to give you false info but been told that AP1 will be finsihed by end of May (so lets be realistic thats gonna be June at earliest) & whilst i was there from what i saw by far most of the labour was in AP1, so wouldnt get hopes up too much for other AP's this summer (maybe they didnt suffer as much water damage & can get sorted a lot quicker) maybe there were people working in other AP's & i just didnt see them.

Some good news (from independant source & believe it to be true) is that there are to be no new developments along that main road that havent already been started/given permission. They are only giving permission to hotels & golf courses & which 1 golf course is definitely being built by alcudia smir (i personally always thought the golf course being built nextdoor was a lie) Only place where new developments are getting permission is Mirador Golf area (there are loads of new developments being built out there) if you spend some time out there looking at new develoments makes you really appreciate how brilliant Alcudia Smir location is (if they could only build it properly)

Also Tangier Med port is supposed to be opening this summer, which is 35km east of tangier & closer to Ceuta than tangier, so boat from Algeciras to this new port will get rid of doing the naff border crossing.
kenz

Re: Alcudia visit

Postby Richard P » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:13 pm

macca wrote:Returned today from Alcudia Smir.Storms all weekend.Visited our apartment on Saturday on AP1 but could bearly take photos due to the rain-never seen rain like it and we live in Manchester!The water was literally flowing like a river through the whole of the complex-didnt notice any wells or drainage system however the complex is elevated therefore all the rain was flowing naturally away downhill.The main building that houses the offices and show apartments had water cascading in from the roof.Our apartment was currently being worked on.Holes had been drilled in the ceilings to allow the rain through to prevent collapsing,water damage to the walls,tiles were being removed,there was swelling to some of the doors in the bedroom however the kitchen cabinets and the bathroon was ok.The pool IS lined with plastic which has sustained extensive damage.It was too dangerous under foot to hang about-the water was deep enough at one point to saturate our trousers to the knees.We can say that the builders are working hard to rectify these problems and in spite of not completing on the day we will be returning in May to review the situation and if all well will continue.If anyone can advise us how to get the photos on the forum for all to see please do as bit of a novice with technology.Fadesa are offering furniture packages if you sign there and then however they are cheap ones and certainly not worth completing for.

Isn't this what you wrote?
Richard P

Postby riaz » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:54 pm

Macca,

Are there any shops or restaurants open at alcudia?
riaz

NO SHOP - NO CHANGE

Postby Rideon » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:00 pm

Hi Riaz,
There are no shops and no restaurants at the site. You need to get a car or taxi towards the towns or Marina Smir.
There has been no change on the building work at the front of the resort. They are still the same since summer - empty shells. I have been told that a private investor has purchased them all. If this is true then we should see some shops / restaurants next summer as the beech is very busy.
Ying, Yang.
Rideon

Postby kenz » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:00 pm

Thats great news if some of those units start getting used, Although a lot of places only have shops/restaurants open in peak season. There is a very small shop (actually a kiosk served through window) a 2 minute walk away in complex opposite, sells essentials, bread, milk, water, confectionary etc, & just through the archway is a cafe that also does takeaway pizzas.
kenz

Previous

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir