Questions for those who have visited the Alkudia Smir site

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

Questions for those who have visited the Alkudia Smir site

Postby peter » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:20 am

Just a few quick questions, if anyone of you have been down lately to visit the site....

- Is there a site office down there?
i.e. is there a Fadesa rep I can meet to get a list of available properties etc?

- If not, are there any reps in Marina Smir?

- Assuming I am starting from Marina Smir, and drive south, how far is the Alkudia Smir site and is it marked in anyway?

Cheers,
Peter
peter

Postby peter » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:04 pm

sorry meant to say "drive NORTH from Marina Smir" :)
peter

Postby Pinky » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:08 pm

when I went out there, my agent arranged for a Fadesa rep to met us at the sofitel hotel. She came down from tetoun. If you drive north from marina smir it takes about 5 mins. It was not marked, but when you come to a small round about with appartments on the right ( beach side of the road) the last appartments in the row!. Look left and the site is slightly on the hill. I wa advised building would commence in oct and a site office would be present, but my friend went out in oct and nothing was there. I think due to the problems with the planning permission being granted.
Pinky

Postby Pinky » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:08 pm

when I went out there, my agent arranged for a Fadesa rep to met us at the sofitel hotel. She came down from tetoun. If you drive north from marina smir it takes about 5 mins. It was not marked, but when you come to a small round about with appartments on the right ( beach side of the road) the last appartments in the row!. Look left and the site is slightly on the hill. I wa advised building would commence in oct and a site office would be present, but my friend went out in oct and nothing was there. I think due to the problems with the planning permission being granted.
Pinky

Postby propvestor » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:08 pm

My main concern with Alkudia Smir was from the initial photos, it looked like there was a big road right in front of the development. Can somebody confirm whether this is true or not?
http://www.MoroccoMove.com
Morocco Property News Tracker
propvestor

Postby Pinky » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:10 pm

Yep, there is a road infront of the development. At present this is the main coast road, but there is a new highway being built not far off the rear of the development with a slip road into the development. This means that the coastal road will be pretty much 'beach' traffic and local traffic. When you visit site you will see what I mean. I went there in sept and felt that the road wasnt that busy, but there again it wasnt high season. the new road will run from the north direct to tetouan. I dont see the old road as a problem myself.
Pinky

Postby ScottieDog » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:27 pm

They're planning on building some bridges to give the development direct access to the promenade and beach
ScottieDog

Postby fandango » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:12 pm

Hi everyone.

It all seems to have gone a bit quiet......

I do have a quick question though. Does anyone know what shops will be available in the shopping centre adjacent to the hotel? Will there be any kind of hypermarket?

Apologies if this question has already been raised but I figure it wil be quite an important feature of the development.

Regards F
fandango

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir