Budget airlines to Tangiers

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

Budget airlines to Tangiers

Postby fandango » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:56 pm

Hi everyone. I apologise if this point has been raised elsewhere on the forum but it seems to me that fundimental to the investment potential of Alkudia Smir is whether a budget airline is going to fly into Tangiers. For example, does anyone know for sure if Ryanair or Easyjet (or any other low cost company) are definately going to fly from a London airport to Tangiers? I know there is talk of new routes opening up over the next 5 yrs but I would just like to have something a little bit more concrete before I part up with any cash.
Regards
Fandango
fandango

Postby Pinky » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:08 am

Yep, Just booked a flight with Royal air Maroc for March 2007 flying from Heathrow to Tangiers. I believe this is the only airline flying there from uk at the moment. It cost me £185 return including taxes etc.
Pinky

Postby Pinky » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:09 am

Yep, Just booked a flight with Royal air Maroc for March 2007 flying from Heathrow to Tangiers. I believe this is the only airline flying there from uk at the moment. It cost me £185 return including taxes etc.
Pinky

Postby fandango » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:15 am

Many thanks Pinky. You've put Mrs Fandango's mind at ease. Anyone know if any other airlines are planning to open up any routes?
fandango

airlines

Postby shak » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:56 pm

Your usual no frills have all signed agreement. They cannot start flying there yet as number of developments are not ready, some of them due to be completed in 2007/08, are still stuck in the planning development and not to mention awaiting airport upgrade etc

So, why would they fly empty seats ??? Please also try www. atlasblue.com, a subsidiary of Royal morac, further cause for mrs fandango to be happy and become a fandanga.
shak

How far to the marina?

Postby fandango » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:33 pm

Can anyone tell me how far the marina is from Alkudia Smir. Will Mrs Fandango and I be strolling along the prom, prom, prom or will it involve a taxi ride?
fandango

walking in moon light

Postby shak » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:57 pm

Please accept my apology the correct address should have been - between www.atlas-blue.com

I take it you mean Marina Smer. I feel its betweem 3 to 4kms, you can fandago your way to i,t if you and the mrs are so inclined.

Please note that if you think you can walk to the Marina for a beer or MRs fandango for her G&T than please note that at present there is only one bar which serves alcohol as I undestrand it cost around €20,000 to get a permit to sell ( so add another half a kilometer to your distance one way)

I hope this helps.
shak

Postby Pinky » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:18 pm

You could walk along the beach if you are feeling romantic!!But I would probably get a taxi, wich would be 5 min ride. You can also get a drink in the 5 Star Sofitel which is very nice and next door to the Marina. Dont forget Alkudia Smir is supposed to be having its own bars/ resturants etc, down the beach front. Not to mention use of the hotel facilities.
Pinky

Postby davmel » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:58 am

Hi,
Ryanair statement can be found;

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/news.php ... -en-250506
davmel

Postby mcneilee » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:17 pm

saw this on buyingmoroccanproperty might be of interest

http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/article ... 88349.html
luv the edit button
mcneilee

Budget airlines

Postby davmel » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:27 pm

Hi,
There is a good summary of budget airline activity at;
http://www.nubricks.com/archives/catego ... -property/

Latest Ryanair News;

Friday, October 20, 2006
Ryanair - postpones Moroccan service.

Ryanair are probably too big to care about public opinion. One wonders what it would take to make them blush. Bad check in procedures, closing flights and leaving travelers stranded and failure to reimburse tax on cancelled flights are just some of the complaints leveled against what is otherwise a very successful airline.

To add to the Ryanair's woes comes the news that many travelers who have booked on their new Moroccan flights are likely to be stranded without suitable alternatives. One of our readers had booked to return from Morocco to Europe flying Ryanair and is now unable travel as they can not get a return flight.

Ryanair said it has postponed the opening of new routes between Morocco and France and Germany after an agreement to create a common airspace between the European Union and Morocco was delayed.

The airline said that in order for it to open the new routes, all member states of the EU must sign a preliminary agreement aimed at creating a common European airspace which includes Morocco.

However, the signing of the agreement, originally slated for the beginning of October, has now been pushed back to November 17, it said. It failed to say why or who pushed it back.

New routes between Morocco and Frankfurt and Marseille will now open on December 1, rather than the end of October for Frankfurt flights, and November 8 for Marseille flights, as was originally planned.

The airline claims that passengers who have already booked onto the routes will be reimbursed or will receive alternative tickets, however customers talking to the View From Fez say they have not been offered an alternate flight - yet. Not good enough Ryanair.
davmel

Just a matter of time

Postby propvestor » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:06 pm

With all the Plan Azur developments that are going to line the Atlantic Coast, it's just a matter of time before more flights fly into Tangiers. I wouldn't worry about this. YOu can take this to the bank.
http://www.MoroccoMove.com
Morocco Property News Tracker
propvestor

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir