Solicitor to check over contract

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

Postby Pinky » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:42 pm

Yippee, have received a new contract from Fadesa today. It doesnt look much different to the old one with regards to Bank Gaurantees etc, will wait and see what my solicitor has to say. AP1 has increased in size from 12 blocks to 18 blocks now thus making Ap4 smaller!! My block 8 has now moved into the middle of the site and slightly forward. The pool is also larger but have no measurements. Fadesa want me to sign by the end of december !! No chance of that unless CBA law work over Xmas!! :lol:
Pinky

Postby sabrina » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:40 pm

From the new plans it seems like AP1 is the worst AP to be in. Compared to the others, there seem to be more blocks and still only one pool. My pool view has now gone as the pool has been moved. Anyone else not happy with what they see?

Sabs
sabrina

new ap1

Postby 1frenchy » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:10 pm

Please bring the proof to us what you say.

I am in possesion of the last plan AP1 with swimming pool in the center and my apartment is in the block 12 and either in the block 15 which is removed.

1frenchy

Postby Pinky » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:40 pm

Yep, pool is definatly in the middle on my plan, with block 14 and 15 behind it. Block 8 and 9 are in front of the pool. To be fair to Fadesa the pool does seem to be twice the size. But there again there are no measurements to say what size the pool is. We all have to be very careful that the contract states EXACTLY what we are getting with everything. Even the spec for the appartments themselves are not in detail enough. No level of quality has been given. what sort of tiles, whether the fittings are brass effect or real brass!! The list goes on!!!
Pinky

Postby saintsandangels » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:28 pm

like many others i got new plans last week. Some positives, some negatives. I think AP5 is well spaced out and the reduced density is a plus, though the re-allocated apartments have moved back a bit from where original AP4 was. Am i correct in thinking AP5 is approx 750 m from beach? Should we be concerned by proximity to motorway (have heard it could be as close as 500m?)?

noticed also that AP1 is much bigger..and with just one pool. surely that can't be a good thing, despite the "apparent" increase in size.

Last issue for me is the deadline some others have mentioned. surely we can't be expected to sign anything without getting proper contracts first?

any thoughts?
saintsandangels

Postby sabrina » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:34 pm

Perhaps you have had more information than I have had. When I first reserved the pool was in between blocks 15 and 8. Then I heard that the size of AP 1 was going to be reduced and another pool would be added. Now I have seen new plans and the density of AP1 is greater than that of AP 4 and also the other APs. The pool has changed from a figue of eight shape at one end of the AP to now being some sort of cluster and central. Perhaps you have all had this plan for some time, but I have just seen it. I am not happy with AP 1 being so crowded, does anyone else feel the same?
sabrina

Postby saintsandangels » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:55 pm

Yeah i agree AP1 is too dense to have a single pool. they really should add a second pool to that area. think it would keep more clients happy and also alleviate the potential for overcrowding.
AP4 still exist from what i can see, but it's really tiny. It's the small triangular area to the right of AP5 and it's right up against that white space on the site map (apparently that's a wooded area?). In the area where AP4 used to be they've now added Villas. Presumably this will help Fadesa recoup some of the lost revenue from lower density. It may also help apartment owners in the long run as the prestige of the development may increase. But like so many things about this development....don't hold your breath on that one!
saintsandangels

Postby Pinky » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:42 pm

Yep, I agree. That was my only concern really with ap1, the overcrowding. I cetainly wont be signing the contract by the end of December unless a miricle happens and my solicitor is happy!! I have emailed marie at Fadesa in London and as per usual had no reply!! Do we know when this development should be finished yet?? The contracts do not say yet the payment shedule is the same for2007 other than it is 5 payment now not 6. Obviously we have missed the original 1st December payment.
Pinky

Postby saintsandangels » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:55 pm

It seems pretty unanimous that those with allocations in AP1 are worried about the overcrowding issue. Has anybody asked agents or Fadesa about the possibility of a further change i.e. adding a second pool in that area?
Also, if we don't wanna sign for AP1 as it is, is there a better location on the development? Have people in other parts found fault too?
saintsandangels

Postby the kabbie » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:33 pm

could anyone post a copy of these latest changes to site plans please
the kabbie

Postby sabrina » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:13 am

Has anyone bought in AP 5
sabrina

Postby mcneilee » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:23 pm

ap1 plan don't add up picture on other tread shows 18 blocks http://www.internationalpropertyestates.com ap1 plan shows 12 :?
luv the edit button
mcneilee

Postby romablade1889 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:01 pm

There are 18 blocks as I've now bee allocated an apartment in AP1 Block 18.

However, I've gone from having a sea view (if only between two other apartment blocks) and overlooking the pool to having neither if these things.

Also, I agree that the new AP1 looks overcrowded and a the height of the season, the worse case scenario is this:

18 blocks of four storeys each with four apartments per story. Average of 3 people per apartment = 18 x 4 x 4 x 3 = 864 people all wanting to use the pool at the same time.... Even if only 1% wanted to use the pool, that's still 9 people in the pool...

I am pulling out guys as the business case no longer flies....

No pool view, no sea view, no air conditioning, no bank guarantee, no proof of land ownership, poorer located apartment equalling lower resale value and lack of distrust about Fadesa's competence... All this equals too much risk for me. There are better, lower risk investment opportunities around.

My advice - look elsewhere at the alternatives before signing up... Be sure this meets your original criteria.... Be sure you'll get the right level of return you wanted.... Check out other parts of Morocco, especially resales on Marina Smir and nearby.

It pains me to say it, but Shak was (partly) right all along...

PS: If anyone wants my apartment on AP1 and have been asked to pay more for another apartment elsewhere, drop me a private message and we'll do a deal.... I'll sell you my reservation.
Last edited by romablade1889 on Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
romablade1889

Postby sabrina » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:03 pm

Yes, there are now 18 blocks. Very overcrowded if you ask me. It looks like its going to be the "ghetto" of the development!
sabrina

Postby Red » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:15 pm

Yes I've reserved in AP5 but originally I reserved in AP4 but my agent told me last week that Fadesa had released AP5 instead and would I be interested. I said 'yes' as it looked better than AP4 and also it would be at AP1 prices. Today, I've just been told by my agent that the've withdrawn that phase as there has been too much demand and they've gone to a meeting to discuss it further. So I guess I won't be signing by the end of Dec. I have no idea whats happenning now - does anyone else?
Red

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir