AP1 Completion

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

AP1 Completion

Postby VAF » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:31 am

Hi,

Completion is theoricaly scheduled by the end of June 2009,
does Anybody has been contacted by GFM to proceed completion ?

Regards
VAF

Postby kenz » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:57 pm

Im in AP1,

The last letter i got did say completion would be late June but that we would be contacted "several weeks" before final payment/completion.

Therefore I assume late June aint gonna happen.

My agent said a few months ago that although its officially June, he had heard August was more likley, where he got his info from i am not sure.

With the pound slowly creeeping back (touch wood it continues) & i didnt fix my exchange rate im personally i am in no rush.
kenz

AP1 HAS BEN DELAI

Postby 1frenchy » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:59 pm

I just contact GFM about a completion

They said that will be for end of JULY

They work non stop to finish ap1
1frenchy

Postby davmel » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:03 pm

I think there is a 2 month construction shut down covering July/August when the builders won't work.

In their revised building schedule they have programmed July & August as "Arrêt imposé par les autorités" and Ramadan in 2009 will start on Friday, the 21st of August and will continue for 30 days until Saturday, the 19th of Sept.

So if this is accurate and they miss the deadline then things could drift for a while...............
davmel

AP 1 completion

Postby ali@jabbargroup.com » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:45 pm

Dear Owners,

After noting that most of the forum members and owners of Alcudia Smir live outside of Morocco, I thought that maybe I could be of some assistance as I will be at Alcudia Smir 3-4 days a week for most of July and August.

I represent more than a dozen AP1 unit owners, some of whom wish to complete and furnish and others that wish to resell.

From the 15th July you can contact me from Wednesday to Saturday until the end of August on 00212 661 333 596.

I will try and be of as much help as I can but please remember that those who are paying me have preference and I will not always be available.

As of today, the site is looking OK. Some roads have been asphalted, the gardeners are busy planting and the pool is almost finished. Many flats are complete and their doors are shut ready for inspection and snagging.
What I most like is that the technical team managing the build appears to be working very, very hard and showing progress. I cannot comment on the commercial team as it has recently changed.

Ali
The wait is worth it
ali@jabbargroup.com

Postby kenz » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:27 pm

Hi Ali,

thanks for your update

you represent these owners how?, are you an agent, solicitor etc.

regards kenz
kenz

AP1 complition

Postby Anonymous » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:06 pm

hi,
i was in alcudia smir two days ago and it seems that they can't complet it even for the 3 nxt months actually if u wanted to see ur flat u should go on foot ,it stil like buildings in forest they have too much work to do there + as it appears there are some modifications in the plan and even in the material they used a so bad quality and completly differenrt from what they wrote in our papers.i have no idea if it just me who remark this our there are others.
Anonymous

Postby davmel » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:58 pm

Hi,
I was at a GFM presentation yesterday where they said that AP1 was 100% taken up and that Handovers have been scheduled from next week. Does anyone know if this is true?
Tks
Davmel
davmel

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:43 am

maybe flats are ready but gardens,streets and swimming pools are not.normaly we can't recieve our flats til the end of all works because its illogical we bought homes in a high quality residence not in a forest i guess.
Anonymous

Postby VAF » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi,

I visited Alcudia yesterday 6 July 2009.
I can confirm what Ali said .
AP1 is 100% finished, they are lot of people working on site (AP1, V1).
Those peoples where working on the gardens ,pool ,kitchen equipment, painting,...
For the information i had , the appartment will be delivered by the end of this month.
I will post more info and pictures soon which are in contradiction with what nada said.
My general impression is that Alcudia is a beautifull development.
VAF

Postby C&G » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:12 pm

Hi VAF

Many thanks for the update. Can I ask if any of the other facilities (hotel, shops etc.) are being constructed or near completion?

Many thanks.
C&G

Postby VAF » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:05 pm

Hi C&G,

About Hotels and facilities :

The 4 Hotel's bloc are build and 3 of it are almost finished (painted,electricity installation,windows,..)
The RTs are also almost finished.
The promenade on front of RT is also finished.
The roads have been asphalted.

But better than blabla ,i'll post soon the pictures (I have to convert to low resolution suitable for the internet)

Regards
VAF

Postby davmel » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi,
GFM confirmed in a meeting last Sunday that;
=> Hotel is built and painted but is not fully fitted out or sold, no mention of the facilites attached
=> Commercial Centre not built and no plans for it yet
=> 2 X Apart Hotels - built and painted. 1 is being sold to a Moroccan bank for a staff holiday home but the deal is not yet closed. The other they hope to sell to another bank but nothing firm

The site pictures showed impressive structures alas they are just that at the moment.

Other dates of interest;
AP1 & V1 => "Starting" July 2009 (However they admit that they are being shut down by the authorities who don't allow construction for July & August so this will go on for a while)

AP2 & V2 => Jan 2010
AP4, 5 &7 June/July 2010
AP 9 June/July 2010
davmel

Postby kenz » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:45 pm

Been told all apartments on ap1 are ready,

if you pay, or are in the process of getting a moroccan mortgage by 25th July, Fadesa Moroc will pay your admin/notaire fees (been told its about 0.5%)
kenz

Postby kenz » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:27 pm

correction - registration fees are 3% of purchase price.
kenz

Next

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir