Going to have a look

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

Going to have a look

Postby Colin » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:38 am

Hi Guys,

I shall be over in Morocco between the 3rd of May and the 9th of May. I will be visiting Alcudia Smir to see how things are coming along for completion in June, I have emailed GFM and they tell me I can go over any time (hopefully I can go round my apartments, they wouldn't let me last year!). I shall obviously be trying to take as many photos of things as possible and will post these on my return.

Does anyone have anything specific that they would like done/asked/clarified etc... whilst I'm there in person?

Just to try and get into the spirit of things, how is everyone feeling now that there is some light at the end of the tunnel? These are going to be finished soon, who's still in, who's not, who wants to have a bbq on their roof terrace?

Hope to hear from you all soon,

Colin.
Colin
Site Admin

Postby Merlin » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:51 pm

Hi Colin, hope you are allowed access to your apartments. My apartment is on AP1 and my concern is the quality of the work and the material used for the finishing touches.

My other conern is that when ever they do complete the apartments, do they expect us to part with the full amount without completing the work on the swimming pools, gardens, car parks etc to an acceptable standard?

Hope you get any promises in writing, though I do doubt they will put anything in writing.

Best of luck, look forward to the photos.. Merlin.
Merlin

Postby davmel » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:35 pm

Hi Colin,
Completion dates for all phases of the project including Aparthotels, Hotels, Shopping etc.would be nice and what phases are not proceeding.

Also their view on the 6% VAT hike and what they expect us to pay.
Tks
Davmel
davmel

Postby VAF » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:29 pm

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your helpful attitude.
My appartement is on AP2.
The scheduled delivery date on AP2 is December 2009.
To have an idea if this date is realistic or not ,can you provide as many photos as possible.

Enjoy your stay at alcudia smir and I look forward to the photos.

VAF
VAF

Postby Colin » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:44 pm

Hi guys,

These all sound possible requests so far, I'll have to take a list with me. Photos should help gauge progress, and I hadn't thought about shops etc, often these are overlooked and done last, with such a big development that is still years away, so I will be interested to find out what time scale they have for that side of things. Quality will also be a concern.

Hope to see you all there at some point.

Colin.
Colin
Site Admin

Postby riaz » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:17 pm

Hi Colin,

thanks for offering to get answers. I would like to know if the apart hotel which is directly infront of AP 1 will be finished at the same time as AP1. As I am buying in AP 1, I want to make sure that they don't request my 60% so that I can relax in a building site. The surrounding APs will not be anywhere near done when AP 1 is finished, so if the aparthotel is not finished either, AP1 will be surrounded by a building site. I also understand that they will stop building for two months in the summer, which months? Could you also try and get dates for all the AP completions. Would you also check whether the pool and gardens in AP 1 will be finished at the same time, and if the pool will be filled and who will maintain it? Have the 4 star hotel and shops , apart hotel been bought yet?

Thanks Riaz
riaz

Postby Pepe Le Pew » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:11 pm

Hi Guys, just to say it's been a wonderful sunny bbq type of day here in Morocco of the North.

Sorry, I will not comment on the goings on here in Alkudia Smir as anything that's not a pat on the back to the Fadesa/Addoha circus will be systematically censored by the moderator.

Hope this one gets through.

PLP
Pepe Le Pew

Postby Colin » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:40 pm

Hi Pepe Le Pew,

Glad to here the weather is nice, I'm sure everyone can agree that information of that type is always welcome! (at least I welcome it anyway)

I'm not aware of anything that has ever been censored/moderated on this forum, please do correct me if I'm wrong!?

Riaz, again, I shall try my hardest to find all of that out when there, again all resonable thoughts, as an AP1 investor I to am worried about it being nothing than a building site around it for a while.

Colin.
Colin
Site Admin

Postby davmel » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:57 pm

Colin,
I'm travelling in July in an attempt to assess if there is much of a rental market. Any view you get on this would be welcome.

Also, I haven't yet cracked how to buy a bottle of vino or a beer for home consumption so any local solution to this would be welcome......
Tks again
Davmel
davmel

Postby riaz » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:23 am

There is a Marjane supermarket on the road from M'diq to Tetouan, you will be able to buy alcohol there.

Where will you be staying?
Are you buying in AP 1? These apartments are supposed to be ready in June.

How will you assess the rental market?
riaz

Postby Colin » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:12 pm

Yeah,

The Marjane has a separate alcohol section to it and isn't far away (prices are fair, pretty much the same as the UK, if anything a tad cheaper for wine and a tad dearer for beer from memory), also I've never had a problem buying (very cheap tax free) alcohol in Ceuta and taking it over (there are several supermarkets there), it is closer but would take longer than the Marjane with the border crossing etc... I would be surprised if there was nothing closer than the Marjane for buying alcohol, there are certainly bars etc... in Marina Smir.

I will certainly ask about the rental market, it is hard to asses and I'm sure I'll be told it's very strong and they can be rented for half a million pounds a night 365 days a year, however I have been over in the height of the Summer in the past and noticed that Jawhara Smir was very very busy (don't know how much was rental and how much was owner use), also Marina Smir is busy during the Summer, but it's very very quiet outside the peak times, deserted almost.

Regards,

Colin.
Colin
Site Admin

Postby smile » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:31 pm

thank you Colin for being our ambassador.
I would like to find out if we can keep a purcentage of the last payment until all the site is completed and what amount of money is put aside for the snaglist.
Would it be possible to know the period of time given for the snaglist?
Have a good trip.

Smile
smile

Postby Colin » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:53 pm

Not sure about Ambassador, I just want some useful questions to ask, of which snagging is a good one, I had already thought about it, It tends to be a common problem, so we're best to find out what the situation with it.
Colin
Site Admin

Postby davmel » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:43 pm

Beer & Wine sorted! All i need now is a Jacuzzi...............ohh and an apartment might be useful
Tks everyone.....
Davmel
davmel

kariat smir kabila vista

Postby george » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:28 am

Hi Colin any news on the above development.I have been told all work has stopped golf course will not be built neither will the hotel or shops .Is this true. George
george

Next

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir