Recents pictures

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

Recents pictures

Postby VAF » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:00 pm

Dear,

I contacted GFM customers support about delivery dates.

They confirmed the following dates :

AP1 & V1 June 2009
AP2 & V2 Dec 2009
AP4,AP5,AP7 June 2010
AP9 Dec 2010.

To check if the scheduled delivery dates are realistic or not ,
does somebody have some recents pictures ?

Regards
VAF

Postby 1frenchy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:21 pm

yes i do
here is some picture from my penthouse (march2009)
1frenchy

Postby VAF » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:11 am

Hi Frenchy,

Thanks for the picture.
Is your penthouse on AP1 or AP2 ?
Can you post more pictures ?

Regards
VAF

Postby 1frenchy » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:21 am

Hello

My penthouse is on AP1 bloc 12

Have good day
1frenchy

Postby joolopo » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:55 pm

Thanks for the pics but I'm a bit dim. Whats the verdict, is June realistic, and if so we need to think about snagging. Could anybody recommend someone or maybe a group deal is possible.
joolopo

Postby VAF » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:56 pm

Hi,

It looks like nothing changed compared to the building progress as of July 2008. (See AP1 front view July 2008 attached picture)

Regards
Attachments
100_1481 (2) (600 x 400).jpg
AP1 front view July 2008
100_1481 (2) (600 x 400).jpg (53.01 KiB) Viewed 49228 times
VAF

Postby mcneilee » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:00 am

looks like fadesa ma is still in trouble taken from pv forum. i was told that they had changed builders for alkudia . so the quality of the build needs to be looked at very carefuly. the strike at saidia might be a reason
for not much happening.

The guy I spoke to about Saidia is backed by this comment I’ve found ( & edited) from an online blog:

<< 1)" Saidia is in a complete mess as I had suspected...areas that are supposedly finished look very scruffy. The golf course looks pretty naff...it shows how crammed together the properties are and how near the road, how small the gardens etc...I wonder who is going to be responsible for all the 'waste land' which lies in scruffy pockets here and there...When I was there I saw the mains drains etc full of plastic bottles and builders rubble and it just seems to be a sign of how little care has been taken over this development.
It is quite depressing how little has changed in the last year, apart from throwing up yet more apartments to rake in the money."

2) "There has been, and may still be, a lengthy strike at the Fadesa site with hardly any work taking place for months. There has been a lot of anxiety over the financial situation of the company,who are not yet completely out of the woods, and if it were not for this site then clients would have been completely in the dark as neither Fadesa. Addoha nor in particular the Moroccan press publish anything unless it is giving them a pat on the back."

3) "There are serious issues with regard to the specs in RT1(Magnum). The kitchen is identical to the one used in the APs- porous worktop and all. Apparently Fadesa even rated the kitchens available in Mobilia as too expensive! And this is meant to be their showpiece development with the highest specification. And then the base of all my internal walls was damp / mouldy. So bad that the plaster will need to be hacked out. The spiral staircase was so rusty as to be beyond repair. And the tiling on the solarium was simply atrocious. "

How can things be so bad at a "flagship resort"??? Are the Moroccans commiting financial suicide? Do they allow all the Plan Azure to go down the toilet? >>
luv the edit button
mcneilee

Postby davmel » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:07 pm

Has anyone has got the letter of 17 feb 09 in which "GFM Moroc" confirming the above delays? Looks like only AP1 & V1 will be ready are this year.
Given the progress of the build over the last 18mths & amount of the deposits taken from us, this is almost criminal.

The letter is glaring in it's omissions => No mention of AP3, 6, 8 & 9 and no sign of the facilities that would have differentiated the site (Hotels, Aparthotels, shopping etc) and which i paid 50% over the odds for -are these cancelled or am i just the victim of poor communication?

Unless someone knows better, it doesn't look too good.

On top of this i've been advised that the reason for not meeting with purchasers was due to and i quote;
"I would like to let you know with regards to the meeting held in Ireland that towards the end of last week we were requesting the promoter the fulfilment of this requisite, and they mentioned off the record that they were unable to arrange it before as, in order to do so, they had to pay upfront 60% of the price to the Firm in charge of organizing the event and, according to the Moroccan financial system, an administrative authorization is requested for transfers over 30% of those amounts. However, they informed us that they are sorting it out"

Sorry to be so dismal, but any company that can't deliver to revised/revised schedule or organise payment of a foreign hotel/Event bill does not look too good.

I want this project to succeed but not at the cost of being screwed.
davmel

Postby VAF » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:43 pm

Hi davmel,

I received the letter from GFM and had same reactions : where is AP9.
I emailed the GFM customer support about the missing AP9 , and they provided the AP9 scheduled delivery date.

About the facilities (Hotels, Aparthotels, shopping etc),these are not cancelled because on July 2008 (my previous trip at alcudia smir) ,the build works on facilities were on progress. I already posted some pictures in a previous topic :"Recents pictures" . This pictures confirms that the facilities are not canceled.

Regards
VAF

Postby davmel » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:10 pm

VAF thanks for the update. I guess i'm simply getting more and more pissed off at getting fobbed off with later and later delivery dates while these guys are using my money. From the latest dates given, they seem to have difficulty even focusing on delivering the 1st residential units. So for a very long time the place will look like a building site.

To try and sort it out I'm going to meet with them & visit Morocco and see what's really going on.
davmel

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir