Mortgage

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

Mortgage

Postby walberswick » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:54 am

........... I used to work at Fadesa before they shut the office suddenly last summer and had been getting more and more frustrated over the years at the way the clients were being treated. I also came across many examples of people having difficulties with mortgages as the Moroccan banks didn't seem to care either !

So, I have recently teamed up with an ex-Savills director who has access to many great deals and also provides the level of service I would want for myself at a competitive charge.

I have set-up an address for people to contact us in the first instance for further information:- mortgages2009@hotmail.co.uk

Please feel free to contact me even if it's just to chat about the project.

Best regards
walberswick

Postby sabrina » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:07 pm

Welcome to the forum.
You claim to have access to many great deals. Can you please let us know who you have the deals with ?
Surely the lenders in the Moroccan markets will be the same, with same attitudes & working practises, irrespective of whom mortgage broker acting for the applicant is.

When you say that you have competitive charges, what are they ??
Does the applicant pay you in advance
Or once the mortgage has been notarised ???

You have to realise that those of us who have bought are also frustrated, so when someone says they can help, we want them to be straight forward and transparent.

I'm not sure i agree with you when you say the banks don't care either.
I found Mohammed Naji at Banque Centrale Populaire to be very helpful.

Sabrina
sabrina

Postby 1frenchy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:13 pm

check out this

Douja Addoha Promotion Group has set up with Banque Populaire, the CIH, BMCE Bank and Wafa Immobilier, a real partnership in order to provide financing to buyers of their homes in conditions.

All formalities of credit files, filing the application until the signing of contracts and disbursement of funds, are directly supported by the agencies set up by the banks in the Single Addoha.

Simulateur credit:

The results displayed by the simulator are for illustrative purposes and may in no case the responsibility of Douja Addoha Promotion Group.

For further information on the credit terms, please contact our offices or our call center at 022 34 34 35.
1frenchy

Postby Pepe Le Pew » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:25 pm

sabrina wrote:Welcome to the forum.
You claim to have access to many great deals. Can you please let us know who you have the deals with ?
Surely the lenders in the Moroccan markets will be the same, with same attitudes & working practises, irrespective of whom mortgage broker acting for the applicant is.

When you say that you have competitive charges, what are they ??
Does the applicant pay you in advance
Or once the mortgage has been notarised ???

You have to realise that those of us who have bought are also frustrated, so when someone says they can help, we want them to be straight forward and transparent.

I'm not sure i agree with you when you say the banks don't care either.
I found Mohammed Naji at Banque Centrale Populaire to be very helpful.

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina,

I have a strange feeling that this person is not going to come out with whom he/she has got deals with..

You are very right when you say the lenders are going to be the same, with the same working paractices and attitudes.

This is why I would recommend that people approach Moroccan Banks directly to avoid sometimes expensive broker's fees for something you could easily do yourself.

Moroccan Banks are indeed in the consumer mortgage market. If, for example, you deal with their UK representative offices or even the Commercial Office at the Moroccan Embassy, they should put you in touch with an appropiate "English Speaking" Bank or Branch as in theory, and amongst other things, that's precicesly why they are in the UK.

If not just go to the Bank and do the whole thing yourself, it's not difficult and you will find communication not to be problem and Moroccans to be warm and helpful.

Don't forget that brokers deal directly with lenders, with the same lenders that you could approach yourself thus saving a lot of money. At the same time you are going to be exposed to the same potential problems as with a broker and the deal is not going to be done any quicker, despite what brokers say to justify their fees.

Regards

Pepe
Pepe Le Pew

Postby Trapper » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:07 am

Hi Sabrina - can you please provide the email address of Mohammed Naji at Banque Centrale Populaire?

thanks!
Trapper

Postby sabrina » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:45 pm

MNaji@cpm.cp.ma

Let us all know how you get on with your mortgage. We should all help each other, don't you think?

Sabrina
sabrina

Postby Trapper » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:10 am

many thanks Sabrina; yes, of course, I will let you know how I get on with my mortgage application.

thanks.
Trapper

Postby Snippy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:53 am

When do you think the mortgage will be needed for the final payment on AP1?
Snippy

Postby riaz » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:21 pm

You should call addoha/GFM to find out. The latest update said that the apartments in AP 1 will be ready in June.

Does anyone think this is realistic. That is all of AP 1 being completed including landscaped gardens, pool maintainance etc..
riaz

Postby timmi_man » Sat May 02, 2009 10:15 am

Hi, I tried to email Mohammed Naji at Banque Centrale Populaire with the email address provided but the email bounced. Is there any other contact that Mohammed Naji can be reached on?

If not, do you have any contact in the UK that can refer me to a moroccan branch. I want to arrange the mortgage as soon as possible so that I know the finances are in place before completion.

Many thanks
timmi_man

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir