September Payment

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

Postby VAF » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:50 pm

I'm not an agent , like almost people from this forum I invested hard earned money in this project.

You said "IF YOUR DEVELOPMENT HAS NO OFFICIAL PLANNING PERMISSION ....",. You know that the official planning permission number (from prefecture de Fnideq) is part of the signed contract.Coming from somebody aware on what happening on the ground seems strange.

This is why I asked your relationship with Fadesa .
Because this kind of statement has to be put his context.
VAF

subject

Postby shak » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:04 pm

Bill:
"Whether, one is an ex employee, axe to grind or not, is irrelevant to the buyers"

OK, The point that I am was making is that it should not make a difference to the buyers. As they are not involved with the fall out between a employer & an employee.

All they have to see is that they get the property that they wanted, to their spec with the quality of finish that was agreed and other white goods etc that was to be is included in the finished product. THIS IS WHAT I MEAN BY RELEVANCE.

I am at a loss as to the scolding. I had no intention of scolding anybody, specially at a time when people are loosing their shirts.
shak

Postby billy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:14 pm

OK, The point that I am was making is that it should not make a difference to the buyers. As they are not involved with the fall out between a employer & an employee.

the difference it makes is that the opinions and views you post could be clouded by a seperate issue...can you answer the question? what is your link to this development?

VAF, i also find it strange that "experts on the ground" don't know about land registries and permissions etc. If I was making my living in this business I would know what was and wasn't in place!!
billy

Postby riaz » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:16 pm

Even though all my payments were made in dirhams, I will not be sending anymore payments.

If the chairman of Aldoha is also the chairman of Fadesa Maroc, then surely he will already have share in Fadesa Maroc. Isanyone in contact with Aldoha?
riaz

Postby riaz » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:23 pm

Tél. : +212 22 67 99 00
Fax : +212 22 35 17 63
Call Center :
+212 22 34 34 35
douja.promotion@addoha.ma

Here are the contact nos for addoha, perhaps someone could get more info from them?
riaz

Postby Pepe Le Pew » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:31 am

VAF wrote:I'm not an agent , like almost people from this forum I invested hard earned money in this project.

You said "IF YOUR DEVELOPMENT HAS NO OFFICIAL PLANNING PERMISSION ....",. You know that the official planning permission number (from prefecture de Fnideq) is part of the signed contract.Coming from somebody aware on what happening on the ground seems strange.

This is why I asked your relationship with Fadesa .
Because this kind of statement has to be put his context.

If your contract says there is planning permission for your AP, block or villa then your are OK. Could it be that your contract is quoting the Fnideq (Catillejos) General Ordenace Plan or the overall segregation plan of the WHOLE plot. This is usually the case.

In any case if your own private contract includes planning permission for that particular AP, block or villa there should be a floor plan and a spec list that's signed by yourself and a Morocco based representative of Fadesa. This is Moroccan Property law and foolproof that what you sign is what you get.

I will openly help in this forum everybody all has any queries as I am also affected by Fadesa's collapse. By the way, My company does liaise with Fadesa/Addoha in Morocco on a very large corporate scale that is why I sometimes come across as quite angry at their eight year mismanagement in my adopted country.

VAF: If you like to quote the parragraph in your contract where it says that there is planning permission (public contracts are just that so don't worry about revealing non private information) I will be pleased to put everybody'd mind at rest.

Regards

Pepe
Pepe Le Pew

Postby Pepe Le Pew » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:38 am

billy wrote:OK, The point that I am was making is that it should not make a difference to the buyers. As they are not involved with the fall out between a employer & an employee.

the difference it makes is that the opinions and views you post could be clouded by a seperate issue...can you answer the question? what is your link to this development?

VAF, i also find it strange that "experts on the ground" don't know about land registries and permissions etc. If I was making my living in this business I would know what was and wasn't in place!!

Billy, I deal with multiple projects in Morocco, not only residential and not only Fadesa/Addoha. Like a lawyer, I don't know offhand every project's exact legal position that is why I offered in my previous post to help with VAF's query so I can investigate slightly. This information will not be difficult to get.

Regards

Pepe
Pepe Le Pew

subject

Postby shak » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:04 pm

"can you answer the question? what is your link to this development?

Bill, if the above was directed to me, than let me tell you that I DO NOT have anything to do with the project.

Now you must all be wondering, if not than why do I log on. I log on for learning & knowledge & see how nieve people are ?? Like Riaz saying that he paid in Dirhams. So what if he paid in Dirhams. Dirham is not monopoly money & he must have paid £,€, $ to purchase the Dirhams.
shak

subject

Postby shak » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:12 pm

"the difference it makes is that the opinions and views you post could be clouded by a separate issue..."

I do not fully agree with you. One person's opinion on a unofficial forum is not powerful enough to affect a business in order to settle the grievances that an ex employee may have or not.

If, I was a buyer. I will take up all the information from whatever source and make a decision on the basis of ticking the materially significant boxes. Nothing in life will tick all boxes. Even your beloved wife or husband will not tick all boxes.
shak

Postby in vest er » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:17 pm

Pepe Le Pew & Shak, calm down chaps there are no prizes being given out here. Billy (and others) is obviously and rightly concerned about his investment. The only way he can get the answers he needs is to employ an independent firm of solicitors who have no involvement with the developer, the agents or anyone else associated either directly or indirectly with the project. They will be objective and unbiased and will report the facts as they are known. They will also offer advice on your course of action to take. Whether or not that advice is taken is down to the individual but it is usually highly risky for amateur investors to go against such advice. That's it, no more spouting from me, I'm out of here and on to another project.
in vest er

subject

Postby shak » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:10 pm

Shak, is not known for his/her frank & upfront approach, as many of the long term forum users will vouch for. As usual forum users can take it or leave.

We not attending a diplomatic garden party. This has got to do with people dreams, life savings or life time of mortgage.

I however agree & have suggested to people who are caught out at Saidia and/or Alkudia or even Fadesa Marrakech development to band together and get an independent ethical lawyer and not the ones whose names are banded about.
shak

Postby riaz » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:24 pm

when I posted that I paid in dirhams, it was to suggest that my money went straight to Morocco and not Spain.

I am satisfied that Addoha are reputable and will make good the situation. There is an association with the king and the chairman of Addoha( who is also the chairman of FadesaMaroc). This will only be beneficial.
riaz

Postby Pepe Le Pew » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:09 am

riaz wrote:

I am satisfied that Addoha are reputable and will make good the situation. There is an association with the king and the chairman of Addoha( who is also the chairman of FadesaMaroc). This will only be beneficial.

Riaz, I only hope you are right, inshallah.

I feel for those buyers who have put their faith in the Fadesa projects here in Morocco, those who have invested their hard earned cash in goodwill. I feel even more sorry for the thousands of Moroccan workers and their families who are left with nothing and in sheer poverty by what has been the fiasco of the century this country. That in itself takes some beating...

You people up north simply do not have an idea of what this bunch of Spanish amateurs have done to the hopes of this country. Shame on my compatriots.

Pepe
Pepe Le Pew

Postby Pepe Le Pew » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:08 am

Pepe Le Pew wrote:
riaz wrote:

I feel even more sorry for the thousands of Moroccan workers and their families who are left with nothing and in sheer poverty by what has been the fiasco of the century this country. That in itself takes some beating...

Pepe

What I meant to say was the "fiasco of the century as far as construction / real estate projects go. Put the record straight, don't want to exagerate.

Pepe
Pepe Le Pew

Previous

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir