No answer at Fedesa??!!

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

No answer at Fedesa??!!

Postby Marianna » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:08 am

Hi all,

We have purchased an apt. in A.S. and got the email from Mari at the U.K. office saying it was her last day and can now no longer contact anyone there, or at the Moroccan contacts (just email addresses, no names). It's like everyone has just disapeared. Can anyone shed any light on this please?!?!?!

Thanks, Marianna
Marianna

subject

Postby shak » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:15 am

Can you please explain. I am a bit confused, In a normal organization, when somebody leaves he or she passes the work in progress to some one else.

" and got the email from Mari at the U.K. office saying it was her last day and can now no longer contact anyone there,"

There, Where ??? in Spain, Morocco or the London office ???

" or at the Moroccan contacts "

Do you mean at the Moroccan office or the show flat ???

"(just email addresses, no names)."

What does the above mean.

It's like everyone has just disapeared. Can anyone shed any light on this please?!?!?!
shak

Postby Marianna » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:49 pm

sorry, in my haste and frustration I didn't explain it very well. Mari in the U.K office sent an email last week saying she was leaving and attached a doc. with contacts - for Spain, Morocco etc. but no u.k. contacts. I tried calling the office but it just said "you are through to Fedesa, the office is now closed please leave a message"...this is at all times throughout the day. I called the Spanish number as it was the only one that said there was an english speaker and spoke with Paula who said the office had disbanded and that Lucia (who i'd never heard of) would be coming back sometime. She said to email her deatials and questions and she'd pass them along to Lucia. I tried to email her and it got returned to me...as did the emails I sent to the Moroccon contacts given to me on the document (these were all Fedesa contacts). I was only given email addresses for these Moroccon contacts - no names for me to reference.

I hope this is clearer...basically the Aug. payment was sent to Mari in August and she hasn't gotten back to us since then to confirm reciept or to answer questions. I realise the situation with Fedesa but this is ridiculous treatment since no-one knows what is going on. I agree - normally, if someone leaves there is a proper process in place for existing clients.

Can you help?! Thanks.
Marianna

subject

Postby shak » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:31 pm

Marianna:Thank you for your reply. I understand your emotions. If you knew Fadesa's, trouble why did you send the August payment ??? When did you send it & how. Check with your bank etc, just in case they payment has not been processed yet.
shak

Postby Marianna » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:44 pm

I didn't send it - my father did. he was trying to fulfil his end of the contract because they assured him they were a separate entity and all was well... apparently it's gone through and can't be stopped.

Do you have any thoughts on what to do next? ie. I'm guessing no more payments until we know what's going on.

Red Hot Homes were also our legal counsel and they've gone under with the legal money from us... :x

Thanks.
Marianna

subject

Postby shak » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:49 pm

Its decent & honourable people like your father that Fadesa has been preying over number of years.

"they assured him they were a separate entity and all was well..."

Did you expect them or for that matter any other business in cash crises saying anything else. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shak

Postby Pepe Le Pew » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:37 pm

I just cannot believe the London Office has closed down... Please tell me it's not true.

That was the only centre that kept the International operation of Fadesa going circa 1998 - 2004/5.

Post 2005 it would have been impossible for them to put a foot wrong however thick or stupid they are or were (crisis or no crisis) just based on past achievements and fundamentals. What the hell have they done?

There are things in business you just cannot understand.

Pepe Le sickened at human stupidity Pew
Pepe Le Pew

SUBJECT

Postby shak » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:12 pm

" Red Hot Homes were also our legal counsel"

a) How??? are they or where they ever in the legal profession. It seams to me that they were estate agents.

b) What do you mean by legal Council ?? If they are firm of lawyers, they don't go down as you put it. As the law society will pass the clients to other firms.

c) If they were lawyers than your money should have been in a client account.
shak

Postby Marianna » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:27 pm

It was through Worldwide Legal Services (or some similar name), which was affiliated with Red Hot Homes and they looked over the contract and gave that kind of legal advice. I'm not sure exactly of the details as my dad handled everything. Unfort. we just don't know what to do now - I guess we'll ahve to get a solicitor here.

"Did you expect them or for that matter any other business in cash crises saying anything else. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - It's all well and good after the fact to think like this...now of course we feel stupid for believing them but sometimes in life, you trust and you get burned...case in point. Right now i'M not trying to look back at what we did wrong, but try and figure out what to do now.
Marianna

bank guarantees

Postby jimbo » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:40 pm

After hearing of the situation concerning Fadesa I contacted their Dublin office and was told that the Morrocan end of their buisness was continuing as normal and I requested confirmation on what bank guarantees were in place .I received a letter from Fadessa 11/08/08 with the original bank guarantee. I have been using Manzanares Lawyers from the start & so far have had no problems .I bought through Larionovo and so far they have been as helpful as they can be and have said they would let me know of any further developments as soon as they know.
jimbo

Postby Marianna » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:41 am

Thanks Jimbo - I will contact those lawyers.
Marianna

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir