Assets sold and still cant pay

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

Assets sold and still cant pay

Postby shak » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:37 pm

Here is an extract from the property forum "totally property
.com "

Originally Posted by forestflame
If there is anyone who has either cancelled or re- assigned their contract on a Fadesa property at Med. Saidia and has had no joy getting their deposit monies refunded please PM me so we can discuss appropriate action.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good afternoon, if I can introduce myself, my name is Simon Clark. I have purchased a number of units from Fadesa in Morocco with the purpose of selling them on before completion. This I have done a number of times through Fadesa.

I sold a unit to a Keith Furness. The company I purchased the property through re-wrote the contract and the client paid me 40% of the purchase price upfront (GBP 34,600.00 approx). I was told about 7 months ago that I had to cancel the contract and then Fadesa would re-issue the contract to Keith Furness, as per Morocco law. Because of this, I had to pay back Keith Furness his deposit of 40%, so that he could then pay this to Fadesa. Fadesa then confirmed that they would pay this back to me within 28 days. This is when the problem started.

We are now six months down the line, and I have still not received my money back. I have been promised a number of times via e-mail and numerous telephone calls, that the money has been wired into my bank account, but to this date, this still has not happened. Whenever I have chased them up about payment of the 40% they always come up with what I feel are excuses. In order to obtain the 40% to pay back to Keith Furness, I had to re-mortgage my home, which I have been paying interest on for the last 7 months.

I have been speaking to Mari Carmen in the London office and she has been most helpful. She has spoken to Jesus Jaen Pareja about this on numerous occasions, each time being told that the money will be wired, but it still has not been. I have tired to speak to Jesus Jaen Pareja ,( commercial Director) tel 00212 36624444 e-mail jjaen@fadesa.ma, on several occasions, but I can never get through to him because as soon as I say who is calling, I am told that he is in a meeting, and he has never replied to any of my e-mails.

I feel that the way Fadesa has treated me is degusting and very unprofessional. I have purchased a number of properties from Fadesa over the last five years, and I cannot think of any reason why they should not pay back my deposit. I have another property which I am due to close on, but I can not do this because I need the 40%.

This e-mail has been sent to you to ask it you could address this matter, otherwise I feel that I have no other option but to proceed with legal action. This obviously is the last thing that I want because of the costs that I would incur, but I am afraid that Fadesa is leaving me with no other option. This whole matter is so frustrating and I find it completely unbelievable that Fadesa can treat people this way.
shak

Postby ScottieDog » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:30 am

Shak - can you stop bagging Fadesa please. No one on this forum is interested anymore. Since you departed the forum, some of us have been getting some benefit out of it. So please disappear again
ScottieDog

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir