NEW PHONE NUMBER FOR SITE/00 212 39675555/ AND UPDATE

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

NEW PHONE NUMBER FOR SITE/00 212 39675555/ AND UPDATE

Postby jenny » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:47 pm

00 212 3967 5555
I have just got back from a visit to the sales office at the site. I was hoping to have a look at the villa I'd bought but was n't allowed because 'its dangerous'. I suppose Nora is right (very pleasant girl). The area at the North/Ceuta side is n't fenced off so I could get close enough to get a picture but if you go after they 've all gone home you can probably get right up if you can avoid the guard. There was certainly alot of activity at the site and Nora was confident it would be finished by December. She said they could n't allow themselves any more hiccups.
I am a bit concerned about the price of the second phase. A bit cheaper than what I paid in Madrid for the first phase a year ago although the VAT is now 20%. Is it cheaper to buy direct? In Madrid they said the second phase that went on the market 3 months later was 15% more.
Nora said a lot of Brits had bought, Irish and some Dutch (but no German!)
Attachments
estuvimos en... 016p.jpg
Feb 2008
estuvimos en... 016p.jpg (142.61 KiB) Viewed 72463 times
estuvimos en... 024p.jpg
feb 2008
estuvimos en... 024p.jpg (142.22 KiB) Viewed 72463 times
jenny

Postby sabrina » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:46 pm

Does anyone know when the whole development will be completed?

The recent photos- are they AP1?

It looks like we will be living on a construction site for many years. They haven't got far in my opinion. When are they building the 4star hotel and cafes?
sabrina

Postby kenz » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:10 pm

I believe they whole development is due to be completed by the end of 2010.
kenz

Sabrina

Postby shak » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:15 pm

All new built will have the issue of living on a building site for some period of time. The time can be the phase that you buy in and what is being built around your property. While it is being built the prospect of renting are not very bright.

In so far as the Cafe/Hotels are concerned, Hotels are built/handed over at the end of the development for the same reasons above. The same can be said about the Cafe, as it needs customers. The customers will come once people have moved in.
shak

Postby davmel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:39 pm

Not material progress on Ap1 from when i visited last october. Unless they have many other blocks progressed to this level there is no way they can finish to the new timelines.
davmel

Postby riaz » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:47 pm

what are the white buildings in the background on the second photo?

I didn't realise the site was so close to any other development!
riaz

Postby Colin » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:35 am

The white buildings are the back of the town Fnideq which is just a short walk along the new promenade, Fnideq is the town next to the Ceuta border, so Alcudia Smir is around 3km from Spain.
Colin
Site Admin

Postby riaz » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:36 pm

Does anyone know a goog furniture shop nearby? Perhaps someone who has already furnished properties at jawahara smir or other nearby developments?

Has anyone been on an inspection trip? Anyone know how much saffron villas pay for flights? What accommodation do they offer?

Any idea what the weather will be like in April?
riaz

Re: NEW PHONE NUMBER FOR SITE/00 212 39675555/ AND UPDATE

Postby wheresmyjacuzzi » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:39 pm

jenny wrote:00 212 3967 5555
I have just got back from a visit to the sales office at the site. I was hoping to have a look at the villa I'd bought but was n't allowed because 'its dangerous'. I suppose Nora is right (very pleasant girl). The area at the North/Ceuta side is n't fenced off so I could get close enough to get a picture but if you go after they 've all gone home you can probably get right up if you can avoid the guard. There was certainly alot of activity at the site and Nora was confident it would be finished by December. She said they could n't allow themselves any more hiccups.
I am a bit concerned about the price of the second phase. A bit cheaper than what I paid in Madrid for the first phase a year ago although the VAT is now 20%. Is it cheaper to buy direct? In Madrid they said the second phase that went on the market 3 months later was 15% more.
Nora said a lot of Brits had bought, Irish and some Dutch (but no German!)

Pictures look great, can't wait to be sitting on my balcony in my Jacuzzi. The tarmac in the first piccy looks especially good.
wheresmyjacuzzi

Site number change?

Postby jenny » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:45 am

I have been trying to get onto the site but it seems the number has changed again. Has anyone got a new number?
Are there any changes to the completion dates? The site office said 'March' to me for V1 when I phoned following Martinsa liquidation. For me the later the better as I want to sell on and the Pound/Euro rate is still not perking up and the property market is even worse.
jenny

Postby Snippy » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:30 pm

Jenny - what makes you think the sterling is going to get stronger? my feeling is it will go the opposite and am planning to get a forward rate in place.
Snippy

Tel number for site

Postby jenny » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:06 am

The number has n't changed again. I think they were cut off due to heavy rain.
V1 is still to be handed over in March. They have yet to do the pools and the gardens and the chappie confirmed they have men there working on the site.
I'm 'hoping' the pound will strengthen against the euro. I'm the eternal optimist. I still think it is a good investment due to there being a special economic zone just above it and the new Tangiers Port (biggest in Europe and biggest in Africa). Its also between two international airports and if you prefer European doctors you can probably get free medical attention 20 minutes away in Spanish Ceuta if you are from the EU.
jenny

update villas

Postby jenny » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:37 pm

I spoke to the Customer Service number last week and she said that the villas would be handed over July/August and that yes I would be able to see my villa this month if I wanted to. I spoke to the site office and Hadim said that no I could n't visit my villa for safety reasons. He said they were doing the finishing touches (the doors) and the idea would be for the clients to visit their villas in May once finished and for the handover to be in June. I just thought I'd warn you that the site and the PR department dont seem to be on the same wavelength...
I enquired about prices. The second phase is all sold at the same price as the first, and the third phase of the villas is likely to be at the same price (not confirmed yet) and it will probably go on the market this summer. Seems like a good investment.
jenny

Handover V1

Postby jenny » Tue May 19, 2009 11:34 am

Spoke to Munir (Salesman) at the site office who said he thought Villas would now be handed over at the end of June. He wasn't able to tell me when I could visit my Villa as at the moment no visitors are allowed on the site. He thought the restaurant would be finished by summer 2010.
The phone number has changed a bit, you now have to put a 5 after the 212
jenny

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir