clarification needed!!

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

clarification needed!!

Postby jonny » Thu May 31, 2007 12:42 am

Hi,
sorry for my stupidity, but can someone please briefly explain for me!...
is kabila smir....
a) the general development area
b) a specific development
c) name of the marina
d) other?!

also how is it related to alkudia smir??

thanks!
jonny

Postby CARLYWOO » Thu May 31, 2007 8:40 am

Hi Jonny

Kabila was the original name for the development last year due to the area being called Kabila, therefore Alcudia Smir and Kabila Smir are the same.

There is a marina nearby called Kabila

I have visited the area and it is truly stunning

If you need anything else please ask
CARLYWOO

Postby jonny » Thu May 31, 2007 11:11 pm

Hi Carly, thanks for your help,
so is the development now known as kabila smir or alcudia smir?? (or both??)
also am i right in thinking then that there was basically a marina already in kabila, and alcudia/kabila smir(?) is a devlopment near the marina, but not actually a part of it?
im interested in this 'golden mile' area, and i think incorporation of a marina would make for a cracking investment. do you think this stretch is likely to become a bit too touristy tho?? also looking at playa vista a bit further down... did u see that area??
hope u dont mind me sponging off your knowledge!!
thanks
jonny

Postby JC » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:46 pm

Hi Jonny,
I've been out to visit the Alcudia site, and it's a great site. I was there just before Christmas, and the weather and beach were fantastic.
The development is now known as Alcudia Smir (originally called Kabila I believe, hence the confusion). There is a good marina near the development, which is called Marina Smir, and is very classy. When I was there, it was easy to see the fast pace at which the marina was developing, and the 'up-market' boats that were there gave me an indication of who they were aiming at.
There is another smaller marina further round the coast, which is called Marina Kabila I think, but I dont believe it is set up for the larger, more up-scale boats, in the way Marina Smir is.
As regards tourism, the area is already very popular with Moroccan and southern European tourists in the peak season I believe (and from asking in the local Sofitel!), but there is definitely a move to extending the season and encouraging more foreign tourism. I dont think it will become 'too touristy' though, as they are aiming for quality, low-rise developments, and they are definitely improving the landscaping of all the public spaces and roads.
Anyway, I was impressed in December as I say - good weather and sunshine after leaving the UK at that time of year helped!
Cheers!
JC

Postby davmel » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:38 pm

JC,
Any photos or sign of construction on the site
davmel

Postby JC » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:52 am

Sorry Davmel, I've no digital photos, although there are some elsewhere on this site.
It was December 2006 when I was there, and at that stage there was no construction on the site itself. Perhaps somebody else could give us a more recent update?
JC

Postby Snippy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:37 pm

Hi, does anyone know has building actually started out there yet?
Snippy

marinas

Postby kc » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:33 pm

There are actually 4 marinas in the area:

The closest and biggest one is Marina Smir
Then comes Kabila Marina
And last, the fishermen"s marina in MDIQ(which is being enlarged)

And of course there is the spanish marina of Ceuta nearby.
KC
kc

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir