Notary problems

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

Notary problems

Postby Snippy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:16 pm

Question for anyone who has completed.

Anyone using Notary Mazzouz. I'm having a shocker with the guy. Appreciate things are slow in Morocco but he has being sitting on my deeds now for months. Never answers calls and generally unhelpful.

The prop manager says its in hand and gonna give it until the end of the year for the documents to come through before taking further action but wondering if anyone had similar issues.

For anybody intending to close beware of this guy, he is slow and lazy.
Snippy

Postby Rideon » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:37 pm

Spot on Snippy,

I too have completed this summer and have not received any deeds despite numerous calls via our lawyers in London.
Not sure what to do except to go over there and get it myself.
:evil:
Has anyone else used this notary?
Ying, Yang.
Rideon

Mazzouz !!!!!!

Postby indy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:52 pm

Hiya . I completed DEC 2010 ....... yep nearly a year ago !!

Still waiting for my deeds to arrive .

Contacted Lucia who was the acting agent at the time. She gave mr some disturbing news in that apparently there are many people who have NOT recieved their final deeds .

Anyone completing or just completed should take careful note of this......

I also may have to fly out in person to demand the deeds.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

cheers

Indy :cry:
indy
indy

Postby indy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:54 pm

same notary Mazzouz was used
indy
indy

Postby Snippy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:27 pm

To some extent it's mildly comforting that we are all in same boat. I call this guy every 2 weeks but never get joy. Bilal says not to worry but clearly it is very worrying. I was going to get a lawyer in tetouan to chase it up but if there is a few of us maybe we could a lawyer to act on all our behalfs. Drop me an email on snnipystu@yahoo.co.uk if interested. In my view legal action is the only way of pushing this useless notary.
Snippy

notary

Postby Al Aqariya » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:59 pm

i am planning to complete soon. i was told same notary will be used this mazzouz guy. I was wondering how far you all are did anyone receive his final title deeds?
Al Aqariya

Postby Colin » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:57 am

Guys,

I was in the same boat as everyone else on this, completed in November 2010, however I am pleased to report that 2 weeks ago I actually received all of my deeds through the post - all is well.

I think this may just be how things are done in Morocco!

Thanks,

Colin.
Colin
Site Admin

Postby macca » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi all, not only did we complete in 2010 following threats that the apartment would be sold on our notary fees were "lost" and we have had to pay again whilst they continue to look for our money - although this is unlikely -We too have not received our deeds!!
macca

Postby sabrina » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:12 pm

Hi,
When I was there last year, his secretary recognised me and handed me the deeds. It takes at least a few months. You could ask your property managers to ask him to have them ready.

Everything is very slow in Morocco.

No help for foreign investors!
sabrina

Postby Snippy » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:57 pm

same as others I got my deeds 2 weeks ago also. I was fully paid up in Oct 2010....yes, it takes a while
Snippy

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir