kabila and other developments, from new member

A place for us all to introduce ourselves and get to know one another.

kabila and other developments, from new member

Postby jerseygirl » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:20 pm

hi everyone,
just found this site,thanks to colin. i am new to forum jargon etc, so bear with me.
been looking at various emerging markets and morocco seems like a pretty good bet. initially looked at saida, but not 100% comfortable with location, feel it might be a bit remote and to near algeria, plus i might have missed the boat with le jarden de fleur,magnum but i am not ruling out the new greens develpment or heading south to to look at casablanca (les palmeries) .... i am currently researching.
thinking of going over in nov to have a look at various sights,will prob go independantly - i think thats better than organised inpection trips?
kabila interests me because of location, i will read up and find out what i can about development, but any info from members would be great. how big is the development? is fadesa the only builder/developer?is it possible to buy/deal with them directly(sorry agents...whoever you are!) there never seems to be enough info available from agents? legally,are all initial deposits refundable or not? is anyone concerned that morocco will become over developed and not supply will out number demand? lets face it... its north africa, without the same health care,economic stability etc of many places, without the employment possibilities of dubai and without the same attractions for retirement as... say spain. just playing devils advocate here, ive only seen a little of morocco ( marrakesh and self drive around high atlas) but loved it, looking forward to seeing more.but mainly i am looking for a good investment, with good capital growth, i really look forward to joining in good,honest discussion with you all, as we are all just aiming towards spending our hard earned money wisely. bye for now,jerseygirl
jerseygirl

Postby mcneilee » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:50 am

even in spain with new developments it can take years for a good health service to come around.My mum bought in torrevieja in spain many years ago & it took years for a hospital to be built & they clamp down on terrorist's alot harder than over here& spain is becoming more dangerous crime wise as the years go on
mcneilee

Postby jerseygirl » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:49 am

hi mcneilee
thanks for your reply,have you bought somewhere? if so where and is it off plan? who is your agent? how did you decide which development? did you travel around yourself? (sorry... a hundred questions) please elaborate and tell me more.....
i was initially looking at egypt to invest, but im focusing on morocco now. i may not be looking to invest long term....unless the rental yield is great, im more interested in capital growth, what are you views? (or anyone elses views?)
jerseygirl

Postby mcneilee » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:05 pm

i chose to go with kabila went through the developer. As they are quite a well known developer a bit dearer but a recon safer. I have'nt seen the site or been to that part of morocco way out from the main places not such a bad thing & on the med so should be calmer,warmer than the atlantic side i hope. the people are friendly & a little conservate but as far as i'm aware no sign of extremeism unlike egypt which has a number of extrimist parties.Which are kept under controll by the goverment
mcneilee

Re: kabila and other developments, from new member

Postby hichlyn » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:43 pm

If you want my advice as a Fadesa purchaser who is still waiting fro delivery of her property 9 months after the promised date, buy something next to a FAdesa site , not in it!! I have seen the prices of nearby properties double in the time it takes Fadesa to build and I can't do anything about it as my money is committed to a non delivered property!

regards hichlyn
hichlyn

Return to Introductions